Today the default appears to be a one-time sync at the creation time of the plan. I would like to take in any changes to the release dates as the board's release dates change - however it seems there is no sync option to do this. Can you assist ?
Hi Bryant,
From how you are phrasing the question, I assume that you are using Portfolio 2.0. In that version, when you create a new Portfolio plan, you select the projects / filters / boards to get the issues from, select which releases you want to include and set the specifics regarding your team.
Before Portfolio 2.0 you had to make sure you manually added new information to your plan. Version 2.0 has been redesigned specifically to make sure that you do not have to perform these kinds of manual syncing anymore.
So if you add a Version to any project in scope of your Portfolio plan, that version will automatically be available in your Portfolio plan right away, without any further action. At worst, you might have to refresh your screen if you already had the plan open.
Maybe nice to know is that you can even add releases to your JIRA projects from Portfolio. And if this might be useful to your specific situation, cross-project releases can be created too. That means creating 1 single release in Portfolio that is shared with multiple projects.
To find out more, check the documentation over here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/releases-802170559.html
Hi Walter,
I have just tried Portfolio trial and synchronization with JIRA is not working properly.
I have created a Plan and retrieved its releases. If I modify release dates from any (JIRA or Portfolio) they got restarted and all changes are lost...
This is definitely convincing me to leave Portfolio...
Hi @[deleted],
What do you mean with 'they got restarted and all changes are lost'?
Hi Walter, thank you for your quick answer.
I will describe my steps:
I would like to establish release dates and changes be reflected on both views Portfolio-Project.
Does it make sense?
Thanks in advance?
It seems as if your release dates in Portfolio are being considered as dynamic instead of fixed dates. You can check and update the setting from the releases tab in Portfolio.
Select your release and click edit. Make sure to set the relase dates to fixed start date and / or fixed release date. And after you've done so, commit your changes to Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.