My first impression of the Scrum Rapid Board planning view: there's a lot of potential, but there are important items needed before it's truly usable.
- I love the "marker" that can be pulled up and down to include the top-ranked issues in the iteration plan.
- I like being able to view and edit issue details on the right half of the screen.
Needs work:
- The planning marker needs to show story points "above the line" instead of (or in addition to) the number of issues. Ideally, make the statistic used configurable.
- Include a resizing bar between the left and right sides of the screen so the issue view/edit can be sized larger or smaller.
- Need to include access to Quick Filters to filter the backlog.
- Need to include on-the-fly JQL to filter the backlog.
- J and K keys don't work for me when trying to scroll through issues in the backlog (Chrome on Mac/Lion).
- The filter Greenhopper used to create my board finds over 8,000 issues, but the Plan view shows only one page of issues.
I'm looking forward to the next revision of this tool!