We have been working in a test environment with an evaluation license. We now have purchased a license and installed JIRA in our production environment and have exported the data in test and imported into production. However, it did ask for a license on import which we provided our new license but it has brought in a different server id (the same as the one in test). I do need to update my test evaluation license with a developer license from purchased license. However, production and test now have same server ID and the server ID in test is associated with an evaluation license.
Can anyone explain the relevance of server id's? If I change over my test license to the production developer license then does it care what the server id is? and also if I have imported data with a different server id is this an issue - do I need to change it to the one registered with the license on install - why?