I have a Helpdesk team using Service Desk to workflow all issues. The first step of the process is to "triage" and "assign" out new tickets. The triage team is responsible for ensuring that all relevant data is present on a ticket before assigning it to a support technician.
The problem I have is with assigning the ticket to a support technician.
In JIRA core, we have a dashboard with a filter result gadget showing "unassigned" tickets on the left. On the right, we have a gadget showing all of our techs and how many tickets they each have assigned to them. The triage person inspects to determine who has the least amount of tickets assigned to them (therefore giving them the most amount of availability for new work in a perfect world), and assigns the next ticket to that person.
In JIRA ServiceDesk, all I can see is my "unassigned" tickets. I have no way to determine who the next ticket should be assigned to. For the time being, the Triage team is having to keep one window open in Service Desk on monitor 1, and a second window open on monitor 2 showing JIRA Core.
Does anyone have a more elegant solution to keep my agents in ServiceDesk?