I'm using the npm package dploy to put all my files onto an FTP server. It runs just fine when I run it in my windows or my linux machines however when it runs in pipelines the FTP Connection fails. Is this a pipelines issue or should I look into my code more?
Here's my output for the script step that's attempting the deploy.
+ echo $FTP_PASSWORD | npm run deploy
npm info it worked if it ends with ok
npm info using npm@3.8.6
npm info using node@v5.11.0
npm info lifecycle material-pokedex@1.0.0~predeploy: material-pokedex@1.0.0
npm info lifecycle material-pokedex@1.0.0~deploy: material-pokedex@1.0.0
> material-pokedex@1.0.0 deploy /opt/atlassian/bitbucketci/agent/build
> dploy
– Enter the password for ftp.materialpokedex.com:
Connecting to live...
Connection failed.
Connection failed.
npm info lifecycle material-pokedex@1.0.0~postdeploy: material-pokedex@1.0.0
npm info ok
I have made sure that my FTP_PASSWORD variable is properly escaped. I can run that exact command on my linux mint setup and it works. I've also tried it with printf and quotes instead of echo and haven't noticed a change. Both work on my setup.
EDIT: So it seems to be something related to my password. I changed my password and now it works. Maybe it wasn't fully escaped or something. I don't know. I think the only way to get help would be to expose my password. Something must be different between Mint's console and Ubuntu's console.