My requirement:
I have an story in Project P1 and two linked task L1 and L2 (blocks story) in different project P2
I want my story to change its state automatically based on tis linked issue state For e.g. Change state of epic to Done only when all the linked issues are set to In Done
I tried using the post function for Project P2 for transition state: In progress (21) and Done (31)
Post function created was "Transition 21 will be triggered on all issues linked to the current issue through the blocks link type." without any conditon
Post function created was "Transition 31 will be triggered on all issues linked to the current issue through the blocks link type." without any conditon
But the outcome is not what I expect . Status of epic changes if I alter one of the linked issues and keeps on changing each time I update any of the linked issue
For e.g. i change the status of L1 to Done. In that case epic also gets set to Done (even though L1 is in Inprogress state)
Unfortunately I am not able to find solution to it after going through online articles and exploring the options within JIRA Agile
Can someone help me with it?
If adding condition to post function will solve this, can someone share groovy script to change the status for the example above then it would be great