No, I haven't yet started a trial of the JIRA Service Desk product, but I have a basic question as part of the evaluation I'm doing. Does this product use any different rules to assign issues to groups or multiple users than is afforded within the JIRA product? It seems critical in a service desk environment to be able to do this...as opposed to development work where one person owns the story and several developers have subtasks to accommodate the work. Please share your experiences or other pages I should be reading - anyone using this new offering from Atlassian. I'm very excited about it, but frankly, unsure how I'm going to trial it in my production on-demand instance w/o inviting tons of emails/concerns from my user pool:|.
I am familiar with the few options on this page to assign issues to multiple users - again, just need to know if service desk offers anything different.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users
Thanks!