How to give the Super Administrator Role to someone? I have given administrator permission to few people but i would like to give super admin role to my manager, could you help me with that?
It depends on what you mean by "super admin rights"
To summarise the documentation @ck pointed you at earlier, there are two levels of Administrator in Jira:
Jira System Admin: Has complete access to all administrative functions. Restricted to Atlassian people on the OnDemand platform, so you will NOT be able to grant it to anyone.
Jira Admin: Can configure the application, but is missing rights that are system level.
From global permission - refer https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions
Give both 'JIRA System Administrators' and 'JIRA Administrators' access to them.
i know, But I dont see the option to make give the permission of jira System Administrator.. I see Jira Administrator but not the Jira System Administrator.
Soryr about that -:
Jira Version is
OD? Does that mean you are using "OnDemand", where you can not create system admins because it's limited to Atlassian support?
yeah, I think so!
Ok, well, if you're using OnDemand, you can't have System Admin rights, it's limited to support people at Atlassian.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.