Which is the best workflow to use when creating a project where we have a small team and want to be able to use this project during and later in the bug phase? The Simplified Agile workflow looks odd and incomplete compared to the more understandable default one. Is the Jira built-in workflow the same as the Jira Default workflow?
I know I should create the project and board at the same time when starting a Jira Agile project/board but not sure what is the best workflow to use. In addition, we turned the resolution field active for editing an issue globally, because devs were unable to edit. But now it's forcing us to choose a resolution when we're just creating a new bug, which clearly no one needs to do at that point.
I did get one response from someone at Atlassian, but it doesn't help me to just say "Remove the resolution field from ALL screens except the ones that are used for transition from "open" type status to "closed" or "resolved" status", because we're still faced with the problem of when do we get to edit that field? It also doesn't help me to just say "the problem is in your workflow".
This is getting pretty frustrating because I really don't want to get too far into editing anything (workflow, etc). I'm not a programmer and we're a small company and it's just not worth the effort. I'm pretty unclear even after reading all the documentation, how status/transitions/resolutions and workflow all fit together.
Do you have a simple step by step process I can use to get the ball rolling? (Not Jira Agile 101, I'm not finding the documentation that clear)
Can you recommend a video that will explain all this in a fairly simple fashion?
Thanks!