Hey,
I have a setup where JIRA & Confluence are installed on the same machine behind a NGINX proxy using SSL. Everything is functioning normally and there is not warnings by JIRA or Confluence itself.
When I try to make an application link between JIRA & Confluence I get this error 'No response was received from the URL you entered - it may not be valid. Please fix the URL below, if needed, and click Continue.' it happens on both JIRA & Confluence. Looking more into the response I also found the error code 'applinks.warning.unknown.host', In the Nginx access logs there is no sign of the JIRA server trying to make a request to Confluence and vice versa. The error logs are empty. I used wget on the machine and that is able to make requests to JIRA and Confluence through the NGINX server indicating that the machine can connect to itself through the NGINX server.
Now when I put in the local address, something like 'http://localhost:8080/confluence' it can find the server, but the problem here is that it then tells Confluence it's display address, to which Confluence is not able to connect resulting in failure again.
Passing in an domain like 'https://jira.atlassian.com' also works.
It seems as if the server is trying to connect directly to Confluence/JIRA without using the nginx server. Any help would be appreciated.
Kind regards, Jeroen van de Haterd.