Hi ScriptRunner Support Team,
We are buying ScriptRunner plugin this month for our production JIRA version 7.1.1. As I am the administrator of JIRA in our company, I am familiarizing myself with this plugin. I am interested to know if ScriptRunner can be used in the following cases:
- So we have a plugin from which we got a new custom field. This custom field works as expected but whenever this custom field value is modified it never give notifications to other users. Our current users would like to receive notifications for this custom field as they receive now from any default /custom fields came directly from Jira. Now I see in your plugin "Script Listeners" section you have options of "Fires an event when condition is true" and "Send a custom email". In those options you have an "Events" field from where we can choose "CustomFieldUpdatedEvent". Now I wanted to know if this "CustomFieldUpdatedEvent" can send email when my custom field value is modified? I am not sure how to use this new event. Our JIRA Notification scheme currently has only those events which came from directly Jira. So after installing your plugin I thought it will create this new events for me but I can see that It did not create any and so I do not know how to include these new events to my notification scheme. Another point is our users want to get email whenever this custom field value changes. So it can not be a post workflow condition.
- If ScriptRunner plugin can not do the above functionality can it do the following? It is also an acceptable workaround. Whenever the custom field value changes can we copy the value of the custom field to the comment section of Jira? In that way it creates an email using Jira's own email system.
- Similarly another acceptable workaround could be whenever the custom field value changes copy that custom field value to another Jira field and that could also create email. Is it possible with Scriptrunner?
We do not have experience of developing our own JIRA plugins. So we are trying to figure out a workaround in this scenario.
Thanks
Iftekhar