Hi,
Recently I noticed that support instance (support.atlassian.com) have been automatically upgraded to use JIRA Service Desk. There is also a message on the top
Support.Atlassian.comhas been updated to use JIRA Service Desk. We are excited to improve our support experience, but also want to learn from our customers. Please leave any feedback you have in your support tickets
Rather than provide feedback on the ticket I would like to know your opinion of this change.
I understand the reason of moving to Service Desk but personally think that I lost a lot of features. There is no (easy) way to use old UI. I am a experienced user and JIRA ticket is having more important information for me than just comments.
I lost ability to have my personal dashboard. I cannot edit the ticket and use great inline editing option to correct information. I cannot view the history of changes to the ticket, add a watcher, change the priority (even know it), view Hercules results, search for issues and much more...
It looks like currently I can only add a comment (without even a option to preview) and attachment. I can also use a link to transition the issue...
In the right column there is a link to original ticket "Reference: JSP-XXXXX' with a link: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-XXXXX, but using this is automatically redirecting to the Service Desk view back again.
Is this how it should be?
Having all the JIRA features is pretty important. Especially when we are having high priority issues that requires a lot of (and quick) communication.
For me it would be ok if you can choose (in your profile) do you want to use Service Desk view of JIRA default (of course it could be with default set to Service Desk). But at least every user will have a choice if they will not like the new Service Desk ticket UI..
What do you think about this change?