Is there a way to prevent adding issues to an active sprint when the Story Points field is empty?
Also to prevent start a sprint if there is an issue with empty Story Points.
You can setup a "Validation" on the Transition for the first workflow step in the workflow. The validation will be that "Story Points field is not EMPTY".
hope that helps.
Also you can make the story points field mandatory. This is a workaround
I know but I don't neccessarily want to assign story points when the issue is in backlog. I just want to enforce it when it gets to the active sprint.
I might be missing something but as far as I know Jira Workflows do not have Agile states. All the states are classic issue states like open, closed, in progress, etc. So basically I need a state like In-Active-Sprint to be able to accomplish what I want and to be able to add that validation before the transition to this state.
Is there a way to create custom states for Jira Workflows?
any updates for this scneario? I am currently running into this issue.
I have same problem here, any updates on this?
Any idea to resolve this?
Anyone have Idea on this topic
I am looking also for solution related to this. Have not yet found anything.
Q: Is there a way to prevent adding issues to an active sprint when the Story Points field is empty?
A: what if Board's filter has <<AND "Story Points" is not EMPTY>> clause?
Anyone managed to find some solution to this? Because making story points as mandatory while creation is not a good idea as we are estimating issues during Groomings.
If I'm not mistaken, the board filter is also used for the Backlog view, so making that change will indeed make it impossible to add new tickets to sprint, because they will all be gone.
I just posted roughly this question... any updates in the 6 years since this was posted?
I just enforced story points, at a different stage by adding a "condition" to the workflow transition (start work in figure below). I know this is slightly different than your question, but thought I would share in hopes that someone might be helped by it.
Then click conditions in the options on the right, which will open a new tab. Click "add condition" then add a "value field" condition, and configure as below in the resulting screen.
This worked like a charm for me!
Thanks, this helped
I've used this solution as well, but one thing I find annoying is that when the condition is not valid the TRANSITION is not even shown - which makes developers confused as to what's going on. It would be better if this were done on the validation step so you could show the user an error message. Any idea how to do it in validation instead of conditions?
Yes this works, now I'm looking to see how I can have an or condition for hours b/c we dont' care of teams use points or hours just that they are estimating. Anyone have any good ideas.
whether a condition or validor I need it to be (Story points > zero or hours > zero) I think the answer to this in the SQL + JQL...
You can't because it's a systems field.
Nope!
Wow.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.