I am trying to figure out a way to create variables on my master that can be changed when merged with branches. Here is an example: I have a Master, BranchA and SecondBranch. The code in Master is the same in the other two branches except for a few lines. Those lines are specific to each branch. The way I have it set up right now I have to pull Master locally, make the branch specific changes, then push it out to the correct branch. What I would like to do;
Make changes to Master without searching for the branch specific code,
Merge Master with BranchA and have that code automatically changed.
I know I sound lazy but being able to do this would save me about an hour a day of searching and changing, this doesn't count the time fixing something I may have missed. And since I have been working with Git for just over a week, missing something can be a pain.
Thanks in advance.