Request Types come with out-of-the box icons. Is it possible to upload our own to create custom icons?
You cannot currently add custom images for Request Types in JIRA Service Desk.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-31
Message on February 4th – Hi everyone,We know that this functionality is something a lot of you wanted this. We are currently working on this, i.e. it's in the middle of implementation.Thanks so much for your patience! Stay tuned.
Message on February 4th –
Hi everyone,
We know that this functionality is something a lot of you wanted this. We are currently working on this, i.e. it's in the middle of implementation.
Thanks so much for your patience! Stay tuned.
Yes you can! If you have the correct permission, go to the Issue Types admin page and configure each icon. You will be presented with a path (starting from the JIRA installation directory) on where the icons can be placed.
Hi Gabrielle, thank you for answering my question. I'm a bit confused though. I'm not trying to edit issue type icons. I'm looking to edit Request Type icons in Service desk. I have images that I can pick from but we have a few request types that are related to other projects that have custom icons and would like to use those rather than pick from the handful that are available with Service Desk.. See images....
req_type_icons.pngicon2.png
Thank you Steven! This would be great as we have some Request Types that just do not work with the available icons.
Service Desk
Apologies John, this is for JIRA Core (server).
Sorry Gabrielle, it's a painpoint of mine too so I recognized the question right away.
Hi,
Indeed now you can upload an image. But it is super pixelized (uploaded in PNG).I did the exercise to reupload the images from Atlassian and the same issue occurs
Link to icons:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2431oytgnoauk0x/AADPupJRXwdP_SLs4mLHTUeNa/Request%20Type%20Icons?dl=0
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.