Moving any issue in the same column from below to all the to top on an agile board throws an error.
Could you explain "Moving any issue in the same column from below to all the to top on an agile board " - that makes no sense - I cannot imagine what you are doing beyond picking up an issue and dragging it to... um...
yes you are correct clicking on an issue and picking it up and leaving at the top (as a first issue in the ranking wise) in the same column (status) if that is what you refering to.
This message means your instance has exceeded the max rank value length (255) and now is performing a blocked balance. The best approach here is just wait for the load balance to end, and then you will be able to use your Agile boards as always.
If this takes too long, I would recommend to reach Atlassian Support to help you with your specific case.
-Teilor
You can also trigger this by using the rank REST API to make a lot of changes to the rank.
Well nick I meant Re-ordering (Ranking) of issues.
Um, ok, I'd assumed that Teilor's (correct) answer had covered this 15 months ago, after you had clarified that you did mean "re-ranking an issue in the normal way". I hope you didn't wait 15 month though, it really shouldn't take that long!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.