I have a current JIRA project that is moving to our departments account since our licenses are all used. Until then, I have added the 30 day evaluation license to our JIRA license key. However, I still can not add the "jira-user" permission to any new users under the CompassWeb (COM) project. It tells me that all the licenses are used up. When can I expect to add new users / permissions to JIRA-Agile?
I'm not sure I understand what you've done here. When you say "added the 30 day evaluation licence" - what does that mean? JIRA has a single licence, you don't add anything, you just have a licence which says "up to X users"
Could you check the licence screen and see what it actually says there? Maximum number of users and what type of licence it thinks it has?
A trial evaluation license is available for those who want to try JIRA agile. Going to Admin > Add-ons > Manage add-ons > selecting the JIRA Agile add on shows that my trial license is expiring in 30 days. The License details under this menu shows "Unlimited-user" and "evaluation....commercial" license. If that is the case, I should be able to go into Admin > User Management > find (or create) a user and add the group (I had originally called it a permission) "jira-users" to my team members profile. I am told that I have exceeded the number of users allowed to use JIRA under your license. How can that be if I have an unlimited amount of users listed in the Add-on license as an unlimited amount of users?
Ah, hang on, you're looking at two different licences. The number of users for Agile is not limited, but the number of users for JIRA is. Could you check what your JIRA licence says? (The evaluation "unlimited users" is a simplification to avoid having to have different licences for differently sized Jira licences)
Can you tell me where to look for the JIRA license under the Administration tool? And is there a temporary evaluation JIRA license? That is similar to the Agile one?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.