Is it possible or do we need a separate server?
Hyper-V 2x node Cluster is Windows 2012 R2 Standard.
We need Windows AD / LDAP integration.
Thanks,
Simon.
You can run JIRA Service Desk on anything that can run the supported versions of Java for it. I'm not sure I understand "separate server" here - you need an application-server to run the application and a database-server for the back-end but nothing more than that (and there's no harm in putting both on the same server)AD/LDAP directories are available pretty much off-the-shelf.
JIRA has come very highly recommended.
Do I need a VM for JIRA?
I apologize that my memory isn't very good, but I did read that JIRA won't run on a Hyper-V host, as a a VM (or Virtual Guest).
I'm happy to use JIRA IT Service Desk on "The Cloud", but will that integrate with AD/LDAP?
(Yes, I am an IT simpleton but):
a) JIRA IT Service Desk on "The Cloud"
b) Hyper -V
c) Separate Server (we have an old 64bit one we can use)
Thank you,
Simon,.
Heh, no, the range of options is myriad and often baffling. Even those of us close to it struggle to keep up with all the possible configs (and there's no chance of keeping up with version matrices! Hence the pile of compatibility matrix bookmarks I have)So. Yes, you can run JIRA on a VM. The operating system within the VM must be able to run a supported version of Java, but it's up to you exactly what you run that all on (given free choice, use Linux, but if you prefer Windows because that's where your experience is, that experience will trump it). Years ago, the recommendation was not to run JIRA on VMs, but that's moved on, and it's supported now. The only thing that might bite is the disk - you want to put the index and caches on a fast local disk - avoid shared or remote storage.If you go to the Cloud, you don't need to worry about any of that.
I run a JIRA & Service desk instance on Hyper-V 2012 with no issue and used Crowd for AD logins.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.