It seems the stop watching option is not really working when the user is the one who has reporter the issue. I experience this issue where I reported a user story and I am still receiving email notifications even though I am not watching the issue any more. This doesn’t seem to be normal and I would like it to be fixed because I am receiving an enormous amount of notifications that I essentially don’t want to receive anymore (but still needs to be notified when I actually want to watch an issue).
Hi Swapnashilpa,
The reason why you still receive notifications is due to the settings of the Notification Scheme that is used for that project. You need to be an admin to change these settings.
These settings can be found here:
In your project click "Project settings" followed by notifications. Modify as you want but keep in mind that you change this setting for everyone and not just for yourself.
Regards,
Dave
I suspect the notification scheme says to notify "reporter and watchers", so you're getting the mail because you're the reporter.
Hi Nic,
I'll join the same problem and would like to explain more.
We've fixed the notification scheme to exclude the reporter from all notifications (because in our system the majority of issues are reported by the same person, but he doesn't want to be notified on every update). BUT, the problem is that the reporter is by default also a watcher, and watchers do receive all notifications, so the problem persists.
Any idea how to fix this?
Hi,
Go to system-> user default settings and uncheck autowatch own issues.
I can't believe that the triple trick did solve this issue. Really good catch Joy.
This definitely is a UI issue, as it is totally not intuitive if I want to stop watching an issue, it doesn't matter what are the settings behind, I just disabled notifications, especially if the issue is already closed.
You can also run a JQL query using "issue in watchedIssues()" and bulk edit > stop watching. Doing this in conjunction with changing notifications to only go to watchers, not the reporter, fixed it for me.
negative :-(
Bulk edit doesn't help. Even watch --> unwatch doesn't help for me :-(
Disclaimer: It might be, that I'm running on an older server...
Older issues can be unwatched using JiraPS (Jira Powershell) commands:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.