I've developed some code over the past couple of years using an in-house git setup. The project has evolved and stuff that was initially intended to be a small-scale, internal code base has now become something that we want to publish. However, I don't want all the gory details being exposed to the world plus dog. I would like to be able to selectively push code to the public repository such that forks of that only ever see that code that we want to be available. That is - to all intents and purposes - the code from now onwards.
Moving forwards, I would also like to be able to control which bits of developed code get included into the public repository in a similar manner i.e. I might make a number of changes on my local copy but only want that to be seen as a single, atomic commit in the public version.
Is this possible?
FWIW - I am quite comfortable about getting my previously local-only git repository to talk to and synchronise with the BitBucket-hosted repository but that shoves everything across from what I can see.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. If not, thanks for reading this far anyway.