I'm trying to figure out how to setup my Jira/Greenhopper system at my office.
I would like to create a new Project for each new client we sign. Once that client is completed, they go into a mantenance/support mode. There are different ways to accomplish this and I wanted other user's advice.
1 - I can create a project for each client that is just for the new build, then create a project just for their support. The problem with this is that We currently have 120 clients and will be doubling that in 1-years time. That means I would have 240 active support projects plus whatever new clients I have.
2 - I can create a project for each client that is just for the new build, then create a poject called Maint/Support where all clients after their launch fall into this support project. The problem I see with this is that say a client wants a redesign, then a client's redesign will be listed as Maint/Support making it difficult to track.
3 - I can create a project for each client and use it for both the new build and on going maintenance/support. The issue here is that projects will never end and may be difficult to identify what is a new project and what is a maintenance project.
How are you treating this situation in your organization?
What works the best?
Thanks in advance for any info.
-Mike