Hi
For the past 10 years we've been using Bugzilla and a homegrown application call "Change Notes". Change notes keeps track of all the changes we make to our product and can have references to bugs in bugzilla (linking on the bugzilla id).
Now we are planning to migrate both systems into JIRA.
I have successfully imported the data from our "Change Notes".
The next step is to import the bugs in Bugzilla but I would like to retain the original IDs.
For instance if Bugzilla ID is 4341, when imported into JIRA it should be BZ-4341.
The reason why this is important is because our current "Change notes" often refer to bugs like "BZ#4341" and automatically creates an hyperlink to the bugzilla bug.
By using the "JIRA Autolink plugin" I was able to reproduce this behavior. But for the automatic linking to work I need the bug id to be retained as the issue id in JIRA.
I know that JIRA uses a custom field when importing bugs from Bugzilla but that doesn't really help us.
I don't think we're using any attachments in Bugzilla so we could export the bugs as into a CSV file and import into JIRA and mapping the bugzilla id with the issue key.
Can you please help us understand what is the best way forward?
Thanks for your help!