Hi,
I want to use a different field than summary or use the summary as read-only field and set it with a value from a custome field.
Is there a way to do so?
Thanks,
Gil
Hi Gil,
Script runner plugin is the answer. For not allowing to edit Summary, you can take it out of create and edit screens. Put only on the view screen.
For coping the value from custom field to Summary field, you will have to write the post function.
Vijay
Here is the link in market place.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner
Opps, then its clear. As the plugin is not available for On-demand JIRA Got to look for another solution for your problem.
I downloaded it and tried to installed it but got the following
The add-on athttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/version/1146cannot be installed on this OnDemand instance.
Since you are using Jira OnDemand you will need to use a field copy post function. This is a plugin supported by Jira OnDemand. It is already pre-installed for you as well.
https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions#Post-functions-11-CopyValueFromFieldtoFieldFunction(newin2.3)
Thanks, I will trry that.
I have tried the post functions and no luck.
I added some functions and even removed the assign user function but noting happen.
Please see the attach jpg
There is no jpg image to look at. If none of post function changes are coming through, I would check your permissions and roles as a starting point.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.