I would like to transition the account used to set up our structure synchronizer to a service account. That way if I leave the organization, the sync will still work. How do I do this?
Hi Scott,
We'll add the ability to change synchronizer owner in one of the future versions, likely in Structure 2.7.
Meanwhile, there's a hack that involves using Script Runner plugin. If you're keen to try that, install Script Runner and execute the following Groovy script.
It's recommended to run the script during a quiet time, when there are no changes that the synchronizer could process. Alternatively, disable the synchronizer, run the script, then resync and enable again.
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager def plugin = ComponentManager.getInstance().getPluginAccessor().getPlugin('com.almworks.jira.structure') def syncManager = plugin.getModuleDescriptor('sync-manager').getModule() def synchronizer = syncManager.getInstalledSynchronizer(3) // 3 is the synchronizer ID synchronizer.myDefinition.setUserKey('tom') // tom is the new owner userkey syncManager.updateDefinition(synchronizer.myDefinition) return 'ok’
Hope this helps!Igor
That's what we needed. Thank you
Hi Igor
I ran into the same problems as ScottW. I tried your querry with scriptrunner but it doesn't worked. Can you help me with another solution? Structure version 3.3.3.jira7
Thanks.
Jonas
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.