Hello
We're using the Watcher Custom Field for Jira.
I have an issue security that is set for the assignee, watchers and reporter.
Once an issue is created and the issue security is set, I can no longer add extra watchers to that issue. I'm getting an alert saying that user can't be added since he has no permissions due to the issue security, which is basically correct but it's not a wanted behavior - many times you do need to add watchers on the go.
My current workaround is setting the user as the assignee > adding him as a watcher > removing him from the assignee. Needless to say this is an annoying workaround.
Please advise if there's any better workaround (I'm familiar with the workaround suggested here but I don't like it since it makes no sense to create another field for the same purpose: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5621
Thank you
Ayelet