We are trying to avoid security vulnerabilities such as CVE-2014-7810 which means we need to know which version of Tomcat is bundled with the different versions of JIRA. Where do we go to find this information? I can't be the only one looking for this.
Hi Bob,
As per Supported Platform page for JIRA 6.4 it must be Apache Tomcat 7.0.55
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/supported-platforms-207488170.html
Taha
The bundled version can also be found by looking in System Information as well. I put together the following quick article on how to find this information as well.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Finding+the+Bundled+Tomcat+Version+Per+JIRA+Release
I found https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+determine+your+version+of+Tomcat+and+Java and it works for JIRA too, at the command line
I'd recommend using the command line or System Info in general since the info on that page might be changed
These two links do not help me because I do not have JIRA installed. We are trying to decide whether or not we want to use JIRA. Given that Tomcat is out-of-date and difficult to patch, it looks bleak for us. We require a secure environment with access to patches.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.