Hi ExpertsWhen trying to import issues from csv file - on the import wizard cannot find the field issue type in the dropdown if the jira fieldsCan you please advise?ThanksNaama
What do you mean "cannot find the field issue type"? Is it not appearing in the "map TO" drop down?
Hi Nic,
Thanks for your replay - pls see below the details
1) I go to Issues->Import from CSV File
2) Choose a file and click Next
3) I choose the project and click Next
4) on the Map Field Windows : I would like to map the issue type however I cannot see it in the drop down list
Thanks
Naama
It should appear (almost) at the top of the list. Can you check that you have more than one issue type in the project, and that the column you are trying to map is complete - no blank lines in it at all
Hi Nic, I have more than one issue type in the project, When i am running the same wizard from the administration panel , I can see the issue type - However I would like this option to be available to the users as well... Can you please advise? Thanks Naama
It seems that there are two kinds of CSV import:
a) Issues -> Import issues from CSV.
The documentation includes issue type, which might be a mistake in the documentation and contribute to user confusion.https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-issues-using-the-csv-importer-764478441.html
b) Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import > Import
This is the full importer where you can set issue type, and is explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-csv-802592885.html
The issue key mapping is currently not available via Issues->Import issues from CSV, please vote for this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-62865
Thank you so much! I was able to have more control using the admin import.
After spending a day trying to figure this out, here is the solution.
First, confirm that this functionality exists on your instance:
If you do, this means that your JIRA instance supports the ability to map issue type for a CSV import, but that your edit screen is not configured. If you do not see this setting, unfortunately I do not have a solution.
In the case that you did see the Issue Type in the External System Import tool, you can modify your edit screens to allow all users to add Issue Type during an import. To do this:
You should now be able to select issue Type from the standard issue importer when adding tickets as a normal user.
The regular non-admin CSV importer will only let you pick fields you have available in your Create Screen.
It's not unusual for admins to leave out Issue Type from the Create Screen since you're forced to specify one.
Make sure you add Issue Type to you Create Screen, even though it seems superfluous.
Awesome answer, David. This was the issue, that the Issue Type field wasn't on the create screens, so it could not be mapped in the non-Admin importer. Wish others in this thread had reported this fact. All the best.
Thanks David, Awesome!!
I had the same problem, Issue type field was not part of the create issue screen. I have admin access so I was able to add the Issue type field to the create issue screen and now the field is available for mapping.
It can also be done by the following method.https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/fields-unavailable-for-mapping-when-importing-csv-to-jira-server-720420577.html
Good night Marek Dziedzic
I am trying import comment fields from a CSV file and its imposible for me...In fact I cant find "comment field" here, in order to import it to the importer wizard.
And thx anyway!
Finally I have solved the problema thanks to Sufian Rashid https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/CSV-import-comments-author-date/qaq-p/38914
This is the best answer and the most straight forward solution.
Thanks!!
What a life saver!
This should be the accepted answer for the issue. Thanks David!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.