Hi,
We're using Jira On demand, JIRA v6.2-OD-03.
I’m preparing a merge from todays simplified workflow to a specific Jira workflow.
We’re using both Scrum and Kanban boards in several different teams. And we’re using Story points.
I’ve seen some info here, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA061/Configuring+Workflow
But still a little bit worried about the process. Will everything go smooth or what manually job
is needed afterwards when the new Jira workflow is activated?
I’ve listed some issues that worry me, that I would like to get clarified.
Please, let me know if I’m missing some important issues that I need to be prepared for…
· Simplified has the checkbox to automatically set the Resolution=Done.
What about this with Jira Workflow? Don’t want to define a strict post method because sometimes
would the status be changed to something else than default Done/Fixed. And don’t want a “Resolution Window”
to be opened per default because if Resolution doesn’t want to be set at all it will still de set to something default and
issue will be considered to be finished (strike through) in the board.
So, it seems at it want be as flexible as with the Simplified “Done” resolution checkbox, or what am I missing?
· Will everything in Jira be updated when it comes to the converting of old statuses to new? Such as Jira issues statuses,
existing saved searches, Agile statuses placed in the columns in existing Simplified scrum and Kanban boards?
· Today we have three different Agile statuses for “Ready for Test”. Can they be easily converted during the Workflow merge?
Or is it better to merge them into one single status prior to Workflow merge?
· How is the existing boards and ongoing sprints affected? What do we have to do after merge so team can keep going?
· Guess it will be a problem for us. But if it would be possible what’s the difference if all open sprints are closed before Workflow merge?
· Agile status converting. We have a lot (too much) of Agile statuses today. But if we want to keep a (Agile defined) status
when converting to Jira (workflow) status – Can this be handled in the merge process? Or do we need to specify a
transient status first, and later rename this status to the one we wish to use?
· Moving existing status Closed to a new status called Released. Is that a problem during the status merge process?
· Will old closed sprints be affected somehow?
· Velocity – story points statistics affected somehow?
· Any specific backup routines to consider prior to Workflow swap?
· BTW, the link above - is that the best guide to get going wih Workflow creating?
Anything else that should be condidered?