Hi
This days I want to reengineering JIRA based workflow of our organization. We use JIRA for software development process and our project manager have RUP-based background and experience. Today I see this and this questions and it's make interested me to ask this one. Now without considering JIRA and it's capability I draw my concerns as follow:
- Our project has some sub system that we know it as components according below picture. Different use-cases were completed thorough different components. The first one wanting is tracking progress of this to dimension against (Logged work / Original estimate)as showed in drawing.
concept.png - Different type of request and effort are considered here. For example a use-case maybe has been raised thorough each of request types and each use case were completed by participating several persons who their effort type are important to us and maybe we want to have some measurement like time spent for each of request and efforts type.
request-types.png
I think out about different customization and see plugins like Portfolio for JIRA for our concerns. I raise this question to know your exprinces and suggested best practices. I'll apperciate you if you take participate ans share your idea. I'll try to summarize all of them in a blog post.
If my question is ambiguous, I can explain it more in comments.
Cheers
Ansar