I want to be able to allow any user that has access to a Google Site to be able to click on a link to open a JIRA Form that will then submit an Issue into a specific JIRA Project.
As it stands, you'd need to write a whole load of stuff into the Google site to be able to do this.
However, there is a really simple option - it's not quite a "JIRA form", but have a look at "issue collectors" in projects. They will generate html/javascript which you can include on a site to enable people to ask questions or provide feedback. Your use case is pretty much what they were written for.
Hi Nic, thanks for your reply. When I mentioned a Jira Form, sorry, I was referring to the Issue Collector. I have tried pasting the html and java into a google site page, and that doesn't seem to work. I don't know if there is anything special I need to do as well. Do you have by any chance an example?
Ah, ok. I think it might be better debugging it than trying to run off in another direction. I've simply pasted the javascript into a site's headed before and it has worked fine. So we should look at where you've placed your code probably.
I created a new page on my site. Inserted an HTML Box gadget, and pasted the code in there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.