We are operating in two week Sprints. Planning and working during the Sprint with GreenHopper works very good. We have the following structure:
Version 1.0.0
+ Sprint 0
Version 1.1.0
+ Sprint 1
+ Sprint 2
+ Sprint 3
Version 1.2.0
+ Sprint 4
+ Sprint 5
+ Sprint 6
If we are in the Sprint 1 that has 3 requirements attached to it and a customer reports a CRITICAL bug, this bug is attached to the current Sprint in that case Sprint 1. After attaching the current Sprint tasks are stopped and the Team solves this bug. Sometimes it is essential to make a release after this bugfix DURING the running Sprint 1.
And here is the Problem. The current Sprint 1 is attached to Release 1.1.0. This is correct. But the release I am creating that contains the bugfix would be release 1.0.0.1. So I create release 1.0.0.1 with JIRA. But right now I am not able to move the complete Sprint 1 under release 1.0.0.1 because the Sprint 1 contains also three requirements that are not done already. What I want to do is, that the bugfix is allocated to Sprint 1 because it was done there and then also allocated with release 1.0.0.1 and NOT 1.1.0. To do this I have to edit the bugfix issue and set the fix version from "1.1.0, Sprint1" to "1.0.0.1, Sprint1". Are there any other ways I can do this? Because this way is very error-prone.
It would be nice to get some feedback.