As a user - I would like to have specific field values be set for me (not everyone) based on my common usage (or by settings). Is there a way to do this?EXAMPLE: When I click "CREATE ISSUE" I would like "BUG" to be set as the issue type (for only me) and I would like my custom field "TEAM" to be set to my team's value.
the following script can use to set default value for you
<script type="text/javascript"> jQuery(document).ready(function($) { JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) { setDefaultValues(); }); setDefaultValues(); function setDefaultValues(){ var currentUser=getCurrentUserName(); if(currentUser=='Prasad'){ $("#customfield_11329").val(currentUser); }else{ $("#customfield_11329").val(''); } } function getCurrentUserName() { var user; AJS.$.ajax({ url: "/rest/gadget/1.0/currentUser", type: 'get', dataType: 'json', async: false, success: function(data) { user = data.username; } }); return user; } }); </script>
for reference
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/196399/js-to-set-custom-field-based-on-a-project?page=1#comment-197895
That's not something Jira supports. Defaults for custom fields are set by field contexts and are hence the same for every user. System fields mostly don't have defaults, but when they do, the normal behaviour there is to use the last value you used, not any particular default
I think the behaviours plugin would let you do this to some extent, but I don't think it will store indiviudal user preferences.
I was really hoping there was something that I was missing. Thanks though
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.