JS to set custom field based on a Project

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

I would like to set a custom field in the create issue form based on the selection of the project, i.e. if project selected is X, then customfield should be A.

Anyone knows a simple JS (jquery) trick to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

try with javascript by adding in any plugin as a webreource or footer.jsp

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
	JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {
		setDefaultValues();
	});
		setDefaultValues();

function setDefaultValues(){
		setFieldValue();
	$("#project").change(function() {
		setFieldValue();
	});
}

function setFieldValue(){
		var currentProject=$("#project option:selected").text();
		if(currentProject == 'Test Project'){
			$("#customfield_11329").val('Test');
		}else{
			$("#customfield_11329").val('');
		}
	}

});
</script>

check here to know how to add in plugin

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47843/strange-javascript-problem-in-create-screen

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2013

Thanks, this works fine.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2013

why you want to do it through JS/Jquery?

you can achive this by using configuring screen scheme for project and you can remove field from create screen, check this document to configure screen scheme

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

still if you want to do this by using JS, let me know and it is not suggestable

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

What I need is that if I choose project A in the issue create screen, one customfield in that screen picks automatically a given value, so I don't have to set it manually.

The reason for this is that for that project that custom field is always the same, but for other projects it may change.

Suggest an answer