Hi I need to know how to delete an issue.In previous forum posts the answers were 1) Check permissions (I am the admin and have done this) 2) delete it from the "actions menu". I have no idea what is the "actions menu" and cannot find when I search.I imagine it is this menu with "Log Work" in it.image2016-10-28 13:16:36.png
It does not appear that you have the correct permissions. In your screenshot, there should be a "More" button in between the Assign and ToDo buttons at the top of the issue screen. When you say you have admin rights, can you be a bit more specific as JIRA actually has three levels of Administrator. There is a Project Admin, JIRA Admin, and a JIRA System Admin.If you only have Project Admin permissions, go into the Project Administration Screen, find the Permission Scheme, click on it and it should give you a read-only view of the Permission Scheme. Then you will need to see what User/Role/Group may have been mapped to the Permission Scheme. Unless there is a Project Role that is mapped to the Delete Permission, you will not be able to grant yourself access to the Delete Permission.
I am the Admin and project lead, and I can't find where to delete an issue anywhere. Super frustrating UX.
I agree. Same boat here. And no response in 4 years.
I am the same, there is a lot of talk about the safety of the importance of not deleting but still they do not say how it is done or how it is parameterized
Can not delete on the FREE version : Permissions aren't editable on the Free plan. Upgrade to customize project permissions.
My version is not free, can you please tell me how to parameterize jira to have access to elimination of incidents.
Agreed. This is one of many super frustrating things in Jira. No solution on horizon. Atlassian doesn't care.
Hey there,
You need to add yourself to the project as an administrator. See description step-by-step here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-you-delete-issues-on-Jira-Free-plan/qaq-p/1209175#U1524096
Best, Ross
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.