Hi all,
We're just getting going with GH. Our stories in development are now being tested and the need to write bugs relating to them has come about.
I'm at a loss for an easy way to track bugs written against stories within a sprint. What I see so far is something like this:
1. Tester writes a bug against a story that's in the current sprint.
2. Tester can only associate it with the story either by the Link method or by applying a label that will be common to all bugs for this story.
3. The new bug then shows at the bottom of the backlog, not in the sprint.
I want to see what others do. The problems with this are:
1. Bugs have to be manually moved from the bottom of the backlog into the current sprint, unless they are very low priority.
2. There's no easy way for a developer to see all the bugs pertaining to the story on the scrum board, even after it's moved into the sprint. We use swimlanes for stories and subtasks, and bugs related to the story do not show up here.
3. The Link method doens't provide much visibility, not at all in the scrum board, and isn't useful for bug/story relationship visibility.
What I can envision as my ideal world is:
1. Tester writes bug against a particular story and has an easy way to instantly associate it.
2. If the priority of the bug is above a certain setting, then it automatically goes into the current sprint.
3. The bug shows neatly grouped in the swimlane as a sub-task of the story.
Essentially, I'm hoping to automatically include priority bugs as tasks within the story. The story is not complete in our world until all priority bugs are finished. So far, I don't see any easy way to achieve this.
Curious what others do.