Hello,
I'm trying to Restore JIRA data from OnDemand instance to local instance but I get "invalid license" error. Which license am I supposed to put there? And where to find those?
http://i.imgur.com/elk1nr0.png
You need a Jira licence from myatlassian.com - if you log in there, you'll see what you've got in terms of licences and be able to retrieve a key for the current licences you have. If you don't have a licence yet, then an evaluation one should work ok, but in the long run, you'll need to buy a full one.
Hi John,
First of all, you are not supposed to restore an OnDemand backup on an already-installed JIRA instance. The OnDemand backup can only be restored a prior the JIRA installation (start a JIRA instalation, then set the database and click on "Import data from backup");
You'll also need a valid JIRA key to restore the backup. You can purchase a new one on my.atlassian.com.
Best regards,Lucas Timm
I already have a license for my local Jira, it's an evaluation license. It's fresly installed Jira, I didn't get any options for "restoring my backup" during the installation.
You should get your license from my.atlassian.com. If you don't have one yet, you can either create an evaluation license there or you can purchase one. Also, you can see more info on this on http://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing.
I hope this helps.
Cheers,Matheus Fernandes
So you need to paste the licence key into the box provided for, um, the licence key...
I think people are trying to say something about that purchase license thing hahaha
Yes, it should have:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+the+Setup+Wizard#RunningtheSetupWizard-Step2.Configuretheapplicationproperties
Check the "(Optional) Import data into your JIRA installation" topic. You'll need to click on "Import Data" link from the following screen:
That's right, I did so and it worked.
I have to say I didn't notice that. Quite frankly I doubt it that anyone would, it's hidden in installation step description - no one reads that.
Thanks, that worked.
Already got an evaluation license.
Not really, evaluate is also an option
Yup, just kidding... I saw the three of you answered the same almost at the same time
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.