I have a custom screen where a user selects another peer user as a reviewer of Specifications. Once done, this user should not be able to see the next transitions (Revise Specs or Passed) available for either passing or returning the specs. These transitions should only be available to the reviewer, but currently all the users can see these transitions. How can these be restricted to the intended reviewer?
Hi Manish,
As you describe it, I assume the selection of a reviewer is done using a User Picker custom field. If so, you can use this field to limit the transition.
Edit your workflow and select the transition you want to limit to the reviewer. Add a condition and select the User is in custom field condition. As condition parameters, specify that your user must be in the custom field you use for the selection of your reviewer.
You should be able to get it done like this. Don't forget to publish your modified workflow, once you're done.
Hello Walter,
Thanks for your response.
But when I navigate to add conditions, I do not see any option like you have described. The option closest to your description is User Is In Group Custom Field and the group shown is Epic Status. What is this group, and can I use this condition for my purpose?
Also, is there any option to restrict current user appearing in User Picker field? I do not want assignee assigning the review task to himself.
What version of JIRA do have?
If you use JIRA server, the Suite Utilities for JIRA add-on will get you the 'User is in custom field' condition.
I am sorry - I should have written: the field shown is Epic Status, and not the group. But this is not my custom field. How can I use this field?
the field comes with the free JIRA suite utilities add-on.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.