I have a newly downloaded and installed verion of JIRA plus the GreenHopper plugin. I am having issues where I can save a new date format in the configuration, but on a project's version, the format doesn't seem to be taking affect. I ran my log scanner and this is the most found issue. Again, a new installation with a couple projets created. I haven't even gotten to creating issues yet.
Environment:
CentOS 6.3
MySQL 5.5
JIRA 5.1.7#786-sha1:c37bed1
Confluence 4.3.2
GreenHopper 6.0.6 #61c59fac9a9e
could not find entity of type interface com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.rapid.view.RapidViewAO with key XX 15106 matches, last match on line 15106
MySQL Communication Link Failure 72 matches, last match on line 14826
JIRA View Custom Fields Page Performance Issues 174 matches, last match on line 14792
Unable to obtain a connection from the underlying connection pool 36 matches, last match on line 14777
Quick Searching for Issues Fails 4 matches, last match on line 13916
NoClassDefFoundError, ClassNotFoundException or NoSuchMethodException due to Incompatible Plugin 66 matches, last match on line 13243
Using an Unsupported Version of MySQL 33 matches, last match on line 13141
Upgrade on MS-SQL times out at Updating custom field 2 matches, last match on line 1615
*** Update***
The resolution was to change the date and time formats in BOTH the Advanced Settings and the Look and Feel settings.