This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Automating your service desk
I've recently installed the trial of service desk on jira on our server however I can't seem to get the transitions to work to take the ticket from "waiting on customer" to "waiting on support" . The comment comes in and updates the ticket but the status doesn't change. When I go into the ticket and click on "respond to support" , knowing that a ticket update has come in, it instantly changes to "respond to customer" before I've typed anything so it obviously realises it's in the wrong state but the automation just doesn't change anything. This is via email response and without the user being a portal user. I. E it's an open system and ive just created a test user by emailing in a ticket, responding to it via the service desk, getting the response as a user and responding back again as the email user.
I'm just testing at the moment .Any suggestions?
Thanks
Tony