So I received the email telling me that "Atlassian account is coming to Bitbucket next week!"
Already have an Atlassian account? No worries, we'll join your Bitbucket account to your Atlassian account. |
I have a personal Bitbucket account in which I have various repos that I developed personally plus I am a member of my company's team and have access to my company's repos. I also have a JIRA account (cloud) for my company's projects. I am unclear if my JIRA account is already an Atlassian account or it will be converted/"joined" to one.
My question: Is this saying that my personal Bitbucket account and my corporate JIRA account need to be joined? What does that mean? If I leave my company could they block my account's access to my personal repos? I don't understand how using one account to access all the Atlassian services reconciles with personal and corporate accounts. Should I create a corporate Bitbucket account to access my company's repos and keep my personal account just for personal stuff (removed from the company's team)?
Thanks.