I've imported an existing repository from SVN. The repository currently has a heirchacal stucture by product. Each product has a few different teams associated with it, as well as a number of sub projects
The structure looks like this
/product
--/firmware
--/enclosure
--/packaging
--/pcb
--/software
----/windows
----/android
----/ios
With SVN, I can just assign groups and individual users to paths that they should be accessing. A common scenario is that a user has access to one or two paths but not all. For instance, a user may have access to firmware and windows or enclosure and pcb.
It looks like the BitBucket way to do it would be to create a team for product and then a separate repository for each discint project. For instance:
- Product-Firmware
- Product-Enclosure
- Pproduct-Packaging
- Product-PCB
- Product-Windows
- Product-Android
- Product-Ios
I guess this is doable, but the current structure makes a lot more sense to me since.