I need to add an earlier sprint's closed Greenhopper issues to a Version: how is this done (can't find in documentation: closed stories not displaying in board...)
Well, that's annoying! Thanks for the help, jJson.
Hi Lisa,
JIRA/GH won't allow you to edit a closed issue - changing the version of an issue is the equivalent of editing it's 'Fixed Version' field. You'll thus need to reopen these issues, edit them (in bulk) to change that field, then close them again.
Here's another workaround if you'd like to allow editing of closed issues Lisa - https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=308609031. It would involve editing the workflow applied to that project.
(I'm afraid I can anticipate the answer to this, but anyway...)
Can you add closed issues to another project inside the same phase? We have a ui/ux project that will address a story (ie, send it through the stages of that project until the UI/UX is complete), then that "closed" story is transferred to the back end project that will address BE development for the same stories. So, we plan to "move" the story from UI/UX, to backlog of BackEnd.
Can this be done? If not, can we just not "close" the UI/UX sotries (ie, only change them to "Done" when complete, just never finalize with "closed" staus")?
... and what exacly do you do to "re-open" them, pls?
When you reopen and edit the issue to change the version, doesn't that also affect other reports like - when it was closed, what sprint it belongs to etc. . . .
Another workaround I've found that worked for me is that you can create a Kanban board with a filter that has only the issue(s) you want to assign a version to that are done. Then on the "Done" column, you can click "Release" and apply a version to them even though they're marked as done.
Perfect workaround!
After I created new version I successfully added value for FixVersion field of all (including Done) issues in my project by:
Issues > View all issues and filters > Change view button > List > Tools > Add "fixVersion is EMPTY" to filter > Search > All (#) issues > select all > Next > Edit Issues > Next > Change Fix Version/s > Replace all with > (your version in next dropdown) > Next > Confirm > Acknowledge
Thank you for this solution - worked like a charm!
Loved this solution! I tried it and it worked beautifully! Thank you for posting.
How do you get to the Change View button, Lists, Tools?
Change View button is last on the row with current filter string and Search button. After pressing a drop-down opens with 2 options, where List is 1 of them. Tools button is just on top of Change View button.
Hello,I was also performing the same but found only In-progress, To do status Issues were able to move into Fix Version and the Issues which closed/resolved cant be moved in the Fix Version option. Please help me in case if Jira is providing such facility to do the same as well.
Regards
Nidhi
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.