I'm working on a global project that is delivering an application to multiple countries (not all at the same time) so require Release backlogs per country and have multiple scrum teams working accross each of the releases.
Based on this, I'm trying to assess how best to setup JIRA under the following scenario points:
- I want a product backlog that will never close - this will contain stories that will be duplicated for each country
- I need seperate release backlogs for each country OR
- we have 15 Scrum teams - they will each need a release backlog for the work they are engaged in accross countries
- I need to report on the progress to each country's completeness, not the project as a whole
- Acceptance criteria may be different for each country. I.e a global story may gave 4 acceptance criteria, but only 2 of those may be applicable to one country and the other 2 to another whilst all 4 may be applicable to a third country.
I am thinking that JIRA Portfolio is going to be an absolute necessity in order to manage this, but I would welcome any feedback that anyone has on structuring large complex projects with multiple releases across multiple scrum teams.
By way of background, we are assessing JIRA after using RTC for a number of years, where setting up hierarchies such as this are possible.