When recurring tasks I want to be able to assign them on a rotating bases. Is this possible?
This can be done with Automation for JIRA. Simply use the "Assign Issue" action and select "Assign to a member of a list or group". You will be then offered choice of "Load Balanced", "Round-robin" and "Random".
Round-robin assigning iterates over a list of users and assigns issues to them in turn. I have written this up in more details at:
https://blog.codebarrel.io/smart-assign-jira-issues-load-balancing-round-robin-and-more-530f3a48bb25#.euyz7dsyg
There is a plugin called "Round Robin Assignment for JIRA & JSD" having different round robin strategies. This plugin is able to configure per issue type round robin strategy
I loaded this plugin but when I attempt to add the agents to assign to its not finding any results even though I'm using the Jira account name. Should it find these agents?
It have 3 strategies namely1. simple round robin
2. number/count round robin
3. estimate round robin
Any one of the above 3 round robin would be applied further depending on group configured, or select list option to group mapping configured.
So ultimately its a group on which roundrobin will get applied.
So, if you want simple round robin to be applied among "Developer" group users, simple add users to the developer group, and apply round robin for "Developer" group.
This plugin does not provided any way to apply round robin for individual user or agent, it gets applied through group.
Here is the documentation for plugin https://amrutsoftware.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PD/pages/5603333/Round-robin+Assignment+Plugin+User+Guide
Hope I was able to explain. Please let me know.
I wonder if anyone know if there's a way for new issues to be auto assigned to developers in a round robin fashion.or if there's a plug in for it.
Hi, this is possible. You should create a trigger in the database:Example:You have a support group with the users:user_id User Name1 Michael2 Roger3 TatianaThis trigger will auto-assing a issue to the first user (1 - Michael), the next issue to the second user (2 - Roger), the next issue to the another user (3 - Tatiana), the next issue to the first user again (1 - Michael), etc.CREATE DEFINER=`erodrigue`@`%` TRIGGER `mantis`.`mantis_bug_table_AFTER_INSERT` AFTER INSERT ON `mantis_bug_table` FOR EACH ROWBEGINUPDATE mantis_category_tableSET user_id=(SELECT CASE (SELECT handler_idFROM mantis_bug_tableWHERE mantis_bug_table.handler_id<>0ORDER BY id DESCLIMIT 1)WHEN 1 /*user id 1*/THEN 2 /*user id2*/WHEN 2 /* user id 2*/ THEN 3 /*user id3*/ELSE 1 /*user id 1*/END);ENDYou should be replace the user_id code in the trigger.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.