I installed jira agile and it looks like the epic issue type wasn't created. It added Story and Technical Task.
So when you click "create epic" on the planning board it brings up "create test type" (I think this is one of our custom screens) and won't show the new issue under the list of epics on the side.
I tried creating an issue type and called it epic but it still wouldn't show in the epic panel.
On our test server I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. Still no Epic issue type.
edit: I'm getting rate limited on comments so Jira is 5.2.6, agile versions I've tried 6.3.0.2 and 6.3.2.1. After each time I've tried installing agile I've reindex the server.
edit2: The screenshot listed in my initial comment shows the list of issue types on the server. Epic isn't there but Story and Technical Task, jira agile task types, are.