So I have a single test server (Windows 10) running SQL Server 2016 Developer Edition
I have also installed JIRA and Bitbucket onto this server
I am trying to setup these two applications to use a locally installed SQL 2016 developer edition DB.
Just to test I created a data link file and tested a remote connection to the DB via that as well (which connects fine)
Not sure why the 2 applications cannot see the database server though
When I enter the details into the JIRA DB setup section I get
Error connecting to database
Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
Connection refused: connect
When I enter the same credentials into BitBucket I get
The configuration entered is not valid. A database connection could not be established. Please check your configuration and try again.
The configuration entered is not valid. A database connection could not be established. Please check your configuration and try again.
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:230)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.migration.DefaultMigrationService.validateConfiguration(DefaultMigrationService.java:85)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
...
Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host Kraken, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:80)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseValidator.validate(DefaultDatabaseValidator.java:44)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:227)
...
The TCP/IP connection to the host Kraken, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:191)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:242)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2280)
...
Does anyone have any ideas about what might be the issue?