I have restored my Confluence OnDemand backup onto a hosted Confluence 5.3.1 system. I followed the recommendations given by Atlassian (from OnDemand Admin console - Backup Manager - Going to a Self-Hosted Instance). Thereafter I followed the recommendations in "Restoring a site" (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Site).
The restore went smoothly. After logging in again I could see all the content was come in, but links were not working due to the base url was set to localhost:8080 by the restore. I needed to change to base url to the correct server address and port. However, to do this you need to be a system administrator. On the OnDemand instances you are not allowed to set up your own system administrator, presumably for security reasons.
So - I'm in a deadlock here..!
My admin user is neither part of the confluence-administrator or the system-administrator role!
How can I make my admin user part of these groups, on a hosted solution?