I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I have never used any type of version control before. I signed up for bitbucket, went through their tutorial with source tree to modify the file and push it back to the repository and had no issues
After creating a repository for some java code on bit bucket (repository is empty at this point), I went to source tree, located the directory where everything was stored, added it to the repository, added a gitignore file and did everything else I was told to do in a brief tutorial I found(including linking sourcetree to this repository).
In the tutorial, and everywhere else, it says I need to click "git flow" to push these files to bitbucket. However when I try, I get an error saying that "The production branch you chose, "master", does not exist." And then it tells me it can't create this branch.
After looking at my repository I see that there is no "master" under the branches, however, in my bookmarks, it says that I am working under the "master" branch. Also, when I tried to create a "master" branch, it won't let me. Does anyone know how to get around this or solve this issue?