I created a new issue type and then created new screens: Create and close. When I went out and did this for the field configuration - I am not sure how to make the correct field configuration go into affect for the closing of this issue type
thanks
Elaine
I think I found it - do you need to go to workflow and go to the close area and select the close screen?
The field configuration is for creating issues. There isn't one for closing them unless it is a brand new feature.
Screens and field configurations are separate things.
I think you're asking about popping up a screen when your users close an issue, so I'll deal with that one, and then you can tell me I've misunderstood It is simple, but you've looked in the wrong place. Having the "close" screen is the correct starting point, but you actually pop it up in the workflow - have a look at the workflow scheme for the project, open up the workflow for the issue type you are looking at in edit mode, go to the "close" transition, and look at the information - it should have a screen field in there, which you can change to use your "close" screen!
I just finished up trying just what you said but it just pulled up the screen I created for closing and not to the filed configurations - so it is not making certain fields required upon closure.
Darn it - I really thought there was a way for you to require different fields as required upon closure.
The field configuration has nothing to do with the screens.
If you make a field mandatory in the field configuration, it has to be filled in on creation of the issue, and throughout the lifecycle of the issue.
To make a field mandatory on a transition, you have to add a "validator" that can check the field is filled on the transition. Same place you found the screen setting.
Yep - that is the step I missed - I was in the transition screen but did not see when I clicked on Add transition the option to pick a field to make mandatory - I see the following:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.