I want to be able to baseline at the start of a sprint or release, so I can show I can track changes and when they occurred, in Greehopper
This can be done easily enough by creating a JQL search against the update field using > sprint start date. Show this saved filter on yoru dashboard updating every 15 minutes and you will be able to track things easily.
This won't work because if you resolve a ticket that was in your baseline it would show in your JQL because the update field just changed. Thanks though for the thought. I was hoping to avaid writing a JQL program to do this.
Without JQL I would have a lot more open issues! It's really not too bad. To help underatandinf take a "simple" JIRA query and just cloick the advanced optin, it now translates your simple query into JQL.
Most things can be filtered out in JQL. E.g. in the case you just mentioned one would add
status != resolved
Feel free to give more details and I could help working up a custom JQL query if you like.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.